Friday 8 May 2009

Time Out


The time to relax is when you don't have the time for it? - Jim Goodwin & Sydney J. Harris

When I got up this morning I had such a list of things "to do", and I was overwhelmed as to where to start and how I was going to achieve anything. I had business stuff, home stuff, mum stuff. It actually proved to be too much and as I said I became overwhelmed.

So what did I do?

I actually took some time out and meditated and dozed and contemplated the reasons why this "stuff" was important. I focused on why I wanted to do it rather than how I was going to achieve it all. So by relaxing my body, mind and spirit the priorities for the day just fell into place and I was able to get a lot more done than when I was running around like a headless chook.

How often to we allow ourselves just to be? Do you schedule in down time in your full diary?

Give yourself permission to take some time out with no distractions and find your inner calm, take a quick nap or just do nothing. You will find that then you will become a lot more productive, more present and accomplish a great deal more.

You might also want to think about "What is time?"

Does time exist?
Is it real?
Does that big old oak tree in the backyard know the time?
What about the ocean?
Who created time?
Who said "You are late?"
Why is it three o'clock

In nature and the universe, there is a time for everything - it is always the best time, the right time, the ideal time. You are never too late . . .and always on time. Does energy or light worry over the time it takes to do things? Or does it just get on with doing its thing at its own pace?

Have you ever been in the first throngs of new love? What happened to time then? It wasn't a factor, it didn't exist at all because time isn't a factor in love. Time can disappear also when you are caught up doing something that you enjoy, this can be hobbies, career, mental or something more intimate. Then time goes by without our realizing it. As compared to when we are waiting to meet our loved ones, or go into that interview or catch a cab to meet that plane - then every second seems like an eternity. This is because time is an energy that can be controlled, it has no physical limitations or meanings, except the ones that you put on it.

Why not just do as Rumi suggests and "come out of the circle of time and into the circle of love." Love for others, love of self, love for life, and just see what could happen.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
Time OutSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment